A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is a postgraduate degree which prepares students to work as teachers in the schools. The course is designed for those aspirants who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching, as well as other related fields. In India, for teaching in high schools and higher primary schools, a B.Ed degree is a must.
There is a high demand for trained and qualified teachers in a number of schools in India. To become a successful professional in the teaching field, a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree is a must. If you are preparing to become a teacher, then this requires a lot of time and full dedication. You can choose the various levels of degrees and certificate in the particular field.
Apart from teaching, there are a number of career opportunities available to students that open up after completion of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.). The degree equips students with a number of skills that offers attractive career options like administration, counsellor, and more apart from teaching. The course is designed to improve student learning, presentation skills, communication skills, as well as trains students to remain rational and calm even in stressful situations. In the past few years, a number of career opportunities have emerged for students pursuing a Bachelor of Education degree. Some of the careers available to aspirants after the completion of their B.ED are:
- Corporate Trainer: There has been an increase in the demand for corporate trainers within the educational institutes as well as private companies. Due to the increased focus on placements, as well as a number of corporate training programs offered by companies, there has been an increased demand for trainers who will teach students like building their CV, give communication, and personality development training, etc. This has emerged as one of the most demanded profiles in colleges, schools, as well as in organisations.
- Guidance Counsellor: Counsellors have now become an integral part of schools, colleges as well as private organisations. Due to a stressful lifestyle, as well as increased competition, a need has emerged for counsellors who can listen and guide students as well as employees in organisations. The counsellor is an excellent profile for aspirants who wish to do something to improve morale as well as motivate students to achieve their academic goals.
- Writer: A Bachelor of Education degree trains students to become extraordinary writers. Students, who have a creative bent of mind, can take up writing as a profession after completion of their B.ED. You can do academic writing, fiction, non-fiction, self-help books, and much more, as per your interest. Apart from this due to the increased demand for digital marketers among organisations, which includes content producers who can write content for websites, blogs, etc.
- Coaching: Students can also take up teaching in coaching institutes; post the completion of their B.ED. Course. Coaching in private institutes, as well as on online channels is extremely lucrative and gives flexible hours as well. You can uploading tutorials over YouTube, create blogs, or teach via online apps and websites at your convenience.
- Administrator: You can also become an education administrator, where you can work with teachers as well as the school board. An administrator’s key responsibility includes designing and reviewing curriculum, taking critical decisions regarding policies, manage organisations budgets, etc.
- Educational consultant: An educational consultant offers key insights and recommendations about educational policy, administrative procedures, curriculum development, as well as other relevant topics to different organizations. It allows professionals the flexibility to choose who to work for as well as when to work. Professionals can work as an independent contractor or a freelancer and take up assignments with different organisations like government agencies, charter schools, public school districts, education companies, private schools, etc.
- Academic Advisor: Teachers are able to analyse and judge a students aptitude. After completion of B.ED. You can become an academic advisor in a college or a university. This gives an opportunity to help students in their college life and is a good match for people who want to stay connected with the education system.
- Research Analyst: Another interesting profession is in research. If you have a background in math, you can use your analytical skills to become a researcher. This job helps businesses define problems and find solutions.
- Public Relations: Teachers are trained to be great communicators, so a PR profile is also suitable for them. PR involves reaching out and making good relations with pubic as well as other media professionals. A B.ED. Course trains you in excellent reading, writing, public speaking, and other skills which can serve you well in a PR profile.
Lingaya’s LLDIMS is a reputed IP University college in South Delhi that offers a two year B. Ed. course for students. The B.Ed. programme at Lingaya’s LLDIMS is recognized by NCTE. The institute aims to provide aspirants with comprehensive education and training that will help in creating competent teachers and professionals. The course is designed to empower students and help them to realize their potential. By doing a course in B.ED Students can get equipped with key skills that can help them succeed in any organization!