The Rotaract Club of Lingaya’s Lalita Devi Insitute of Management & Sciences., New Delhi Mandi was established in june,2016. The Club is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Delhi Ridge, Delhi (District 3011).
The objective of our Club is to provide our young College students with opportunities to boost leadership and responsible citizenship, and to promote international peace and understanding.
Rotaract stands for Rotary in action.
The details of the projects undertaken
|3.||Ms. Sachi Tyagi||Secretary|
|4.||Ms. Sonali Sharma||Treasure|
Faculty Advisor : Dr. Pranav Mishra, Mr.Anjani Srivastav
There are many more projects on the anvil such as:-
1. Literacy Programmes
2. Women’s Empowerment
3. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
4. Blood Donation Camp.
5. Environment protection programmes.
6. Health Camps.
7. Child Labour Protection.
8. Rehabilitation of differently-abled people.
9. Anti- Drugs & Anti Tobacco programmes and so on.
10.Participation In RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Programme)
11.Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao
1. BLOOD DONATION CAMP : Organizing blood donation camps is the perfect way to cater to the demand of blood. Everyone wants to contribute towards the society and save lives. You, as a camp organizer, are giving everyone a chance to do so. Organize these camps regularly and bring smiles to many faces.
2. ANTI TOBOCCO and ANTI DRUG CAMPAIGN : Tobacco usage is one of the biggest banes of the society. Every year, on 31st May, WHO and partners mark World No Tobacco Day, to reduce tobacco consumption. WHO has designed a poster “Raise tobacco tax” to use around the world during this year’s World No Tobacco Day Campaign
3. ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AWARENESS PROGRAM : Environmental awareness is to understand the fragility of our environment and the importance of its protection. Promoting environmental awareness is an easy way to become an environmental steward and participate in creating a brighter future for our children.
4. BETI PADAO BETI BACHAO ABHIYAN : The pet project launched by Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi “Beti bachao beti Padhao” (BBBP) Yojana (save daughter, educate daughter) to save and empower the girl child is making waves all over the nation.The scheme will have focused intervention and multi-section action in almost 100 districts with low Child Sex Ratio (CSR).
5. LITERACY PROGRAM FOR POOR & PRIVILIGED CLASS : India is fourth among the top 10 nations with the highest numbers of out-of children in primary level. Furthermore, the rate of school drop-outs amongst students is very high. One of the main reasons behind this is poverty
6. SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN THROUGH SHORT MOVIES ON SOCIAL & ETHICAL ISSUE : Around the globe, social media tools have helped fuel social movements. Social media has been shown to strengthen social actors’ ability to challenge and change power relations in society, providing platforms for debate, reflection, influencing and mobilizing people.
7. SWATCH BHARAT ABHIYAN : On 2 October 2014, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi launched the Swachh Bharat Mission, which aims to eradicate open defecation by 2019,thus restructuring the Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan.Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national campaign, covering 4,041 statutory cities and town
8. CHILD & LABOR PROTECTION INITIATIVE : Child labour is the practice of having children engage in economic activity, on part- or full-time basis. The practice deprives children of their childhood, and is harmful to their physical and mental development. Poverty, lack of good schools and growth of informal economy are considered as the important causes of child labour in India
9. HEALTH CAMP : health camps aim at promoting health seeking behaviour in the long term and thus, unlike a general curative health camp, these camps also majorly work on building awareness regarding common ailments, family planning methods, nutrition and hygiene and sanitation. These camps provide comprehensive health services free of any cost.
10. WOMEN EMPOWERMENT : Women empowerment, referring to the empowerment of women in our present society, has become a significant topic of discussion in regards to development and economics. It can also point to approaches regarding other marginalized genders in a particular political or social context.
Our focused areas are Mandi Village ,Jonapur Village,Fatehpur beri and near by villages. We can also reach large mass of People through our social media campaign and Nukkad Natak.